Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Technology

 A couple of weeks ago I was at my parent's house. Dad was telling me that he just changed their cell phone plan and do I think mom could get the hang of texting? OF COURSE was my swift reply....especially if she had keyboard. To which he promptly pulled out his old cell phone WITH keyboard, saying all he had to do was tot put her SIM card in it. Cool.

Fast forward to 30 minutes ago (about 11:00PM), when my phone tells me I have a message. IT'S FROM MOM!  SO cool! She's using this business! Way to go mom! I read the message, which says, "What is don't care is order sight online" HUH??? Darn auto correct! I figured out what it meant (all on my own) and I started typing my reply. I am about to send it when I get another message asking if I am there. And just a moment later my phone rings. It was mom. 

I chuckled. She hadn't gotten my reply. But we did figure out her predicament, had a nice little conversation, and then said, "See ya tomorrow!" (at book club yay!)

I'm so proud of mom for taking a crack at this new-fangled technology jazz. And I think she's doing pretty good! And it made me smile to get my first (and second) text from mom. Cute mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment