Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Blessings Noticed

Today I was driving in the car with my family.
My children wanted to listen to the "Friend" magazine on the Mormon Channel radio.
We do this often.
We have the app on our phones.
Tonight as we were listening to the March 2011 issue
The article by President Eyring really hit me.
He said that when his children were young he didn't let a day go by without writing down blessings he noticed, in his life, that day.
I thought- What blessings did I receive today?
Here are some that I have thought of.......

  • The cashier at Walmart add matched my groceries....without saying anything to me. And even without that act of kindness I still have the means to buy food for my family.
  • The husband's parents returned home, SAFELY, from their 18 month mission today.
  • I was able to spend the day with the husband
  • My yard has less weeds because I am healthy enough to go out and work on those weeds
  • A friend directed me to a parenting webinar today. I had the opportunity to implement some of the things I learned- and they worked! And I did not have to "loose it" to help my son learn the lesson I wanted him to learn!
These are just a few of the things I have thought of.
I was surprised to see so many. 
I don't know why I should be so surprised.
God loves me.
And THAT is not a surprise.
So neither should be the NUMEROUS blessings he sends me DAILY.

No comments:

Post a Comment