Sunday, April 22, 2012

Oh boy {or} a small triumph

I saw an epic battle coming on.
They always do, when little people are tired.
And so I was prepared. I hoped.
The girl had asked if they could watch "a special Sunday movie".
She wanted to watch Little House on the Prairie.
The boy did not.
And so he flipped.
I gave him some choices of what he could do.
But he MAY NOT go into the other room and yell at his sister to watch another movie.
Which he immediately did.
Which caused the mother to go tell him he may take a nap.
Which he did not want to do.
And we battled it out for a bit.
Which resulted in him falling asleep after not too long.
And I was able to sit down and breathe a sigh of relief.
Because through the whole thing I remained calm.
I did not raise my voice once.
I did not loose my cool.
I did not give in to his tantrum.
I simply loved him.
And it worked.
At least for me.
I'm not sure how he felt about it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment