Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It HAD to be!

I have a cousin who used to clog.
She may still. I don't know.
Before I heard her talk about it I thought clogs were just a type of shoe my sister had. And I wanted. 
I wanted everything my sister had. She had EVERYTHING. (including pink and grey striped leg warmers AND a Wilson Phillips tape) She was SO lucky!
They looked pretty similar to this:
Anyway- when I heard my cousin talk about clogging I thought how COOL it sounded.
And I wanted to do it too. BAD.
But I thought it was only something you could learn in Utah.
I had never heard of clogging where I lived, so it only made sense. (to my young brain)

I eventually got over wanting my sister's clogs.
But not my desire to learn to clog.

As luck would have it, I have a friend who, a few years ago, started teaching clogging classes through our town's rec center. (she was from Utah. And so my feelings of only learning it in Utah were confirmed)
It was children's class. I was too old. No one teaches adult clogging. Right?
I immediately enrolled the girl.
I could live out my unfulfilled dreams through my darling daughter.

Fast forward a few years to now.....
My friends opened a dance studio in my town.
And they decided to offer adult dance classes.
AND ONE OF THEM IS CLOGGING!!!!!!!!!
I went for the first time tonight.
And it IS as cool as I always thought it sounded.
It HAD to be!!!

What unfulfilled dream are you making come true?

2 comments:

  1. hey...I where did my post from earlier go?! Well, YEAH...I am so glad you have joined the world of Clogging..I LOVE IT!!! Let me know when you want to work on a duet!! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am SO jealous you get to take dance classes down there! i was just talking to colin about it the other day. how fun :) do they have a recital for the adults?? i'm SO there!!!

    ReplyDelete