Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hatching some Reading Eggs

The girl has been struggling with her reading this year. Which is frustrating to me (as well as to her I'm sure), and concerning to her teacher. Next year reading becomes even more important, and she is just not up to level right now.

I had a phone conversation with her teacher today in which we discussed different ways to help the girl. And one thing that the teacher suggested was to try this web site.
 The girl "played" on it for over an hour this afternoon! I started her well below her level, but it is with the hope that she will build confidence and move up quickly.

I am blessed that my daughter has such a great teacher that is so willing to help my child as much as possible. Because there is really not much doubt in my mind that if she was in the school she previously attended, this issue would not have been caught and she would be moving into the next grade and struggling through the year over there. As it is we have come up with some plans to {hopefully} help her want to learn to read better and to become a more confident reader and not fall too far behind before she catches up AND (most importantly) not be heading down a path that leads to hating school.

Don't want to count my eggs before they hatch {☺}, but I think we have something here.

No comments:

Post a Comment