Monday, March 28, 2011

When you look, it's easy to find

As I went about my day today I had in the back of my mind the thought "Keep your eyes open. Remember to look for something happy today." Trying to remember to do it for my blog. Trying to keep the reminder there so I would have a happy something to report at the end of my day.

And so as I went into my day the thought of, "Wow! The puppy didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning." was a good way to start. And a bit later I realized it was 7:00 before the children made an appearance. Not too bad either. At 10:30 I took the boy over to play at a friend's house and he was exuberant that it was HIS turn, with no sister around, to have a play date. His face made me smile. As we left to go pick him up from the play date I noticed a hummingbird drinking from the flowers on my Aloe Vera plant. We gave the puppy a bath. She looked like a drowned rat- miserable. But it was cute, so I smiled at that too. After the bath she was tuckered out, and laid down to take a nap. I could not find her, until the girl pointed out to me that she was laying under the curtains. The BLACK curtains. Pretty camouflaged, that little pup. (look for that photo on my picture blog) And shortly thereafter I noticed another hummingbird at the Aloe. (both times I wished I had my camera) I looked at my sister's health and fitness blog and saw some of the goals she has set for herself, and I am SO happy for her and want her to succeed! It brings a smile to my face that she is brave enough to put it all out there for the world to see....accountability and all that.

As I went through my day, every time something came up, I thought, "Could this be it? Is this what I want to share today? Is this the one?" And as I come to the close of my day I realize that my happy thought for today has been that when you take the time to look for something happy/uplifting/positive/bright/cheerful you will find it. Everywhere. In everything. All you have to do is look. Or take the time to pause and recognize. You don't even have to stop, just pause! We are all busy. Who has time to stop, let alone slow down? But to pause? I think we all can take the time for that!

Just LOOK! 
You'll be amazed at what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment