Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thanks for the lessons sister dear!

Today I was standing at the counter making lunch.
Good 'ol PB&J.
All natural PB
and homemade J.
MMMMM mmm

I was joking around with the kids.
At our house we like to change words around.
Switch the first letter.
Example:
"Mom can I have a drink?"
"What? you want a sink?"
"No! A drink!"
What? A kink?"
You get the idea.

I was doing something of that sort, when whatever it was I said made me think of something from my childhood. So I said it!
"What? You got ants in your pants that make you do a boogie dance!!?"

They BUSTED up laughing!
So I laughed too.
And then the girl says to me
"Did Aunt G---- tell you that!?"

I guess all things silly come from sister7.
Who, most recently, sang them a song called
"If I was you mother".
Which made them want to stay with her.
And be her children.
The boy was even getting his shoes on.
Until I told them it wasn't true.
And she wouldn't really ______________
(fill in blank w/ all kinds of great promises)

Maybe I'll get a recording of it sometime.
It's a doosey!

ps- i find myself seeing/thinking of more than one thing a day that i could post about. and then i think- oh i could save that one for tomorrow! because what if i don't find something tomorrow!?
but i guess that would be cheating. and i always find something- as long as i look. but there are so many great things to share when i actually get right down to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment