Monday, April 4, 2011

One hour?

I sewed today. That is always fun. On my new machine. I forgot I had it. So when I started to think about getting out all of my stuff to start sewing I was so happy to remember that I had the new {quiet} machine. Instead of the old {loud} one. YAY!

I am sewing a 1920's style dress. It is called a dress in an hour. You are supposed to be able to sew it in an hour. It is instructions, not a pattern, and based totally on your body measurements. SO it should work for anyone. I decided to make one for the girl first, with fabric I already had, just in case I didn't do it right.

But guess what!? I TOTALLY got it! UNTIL I started sewing. Then once I got to the plaits and hip dart. Totally clueless as to how to sew that part. I worked on it for, you guessed it- over an hour. Still no luck.

However- I am not defeated! I will get this!

No comments:

Post a Comment