Sunday, April 3, 2011

What a GLORIOUS weekend!

I spent a good part of my weekend watching this

It was wonderful.
Some of my favorite parts:
  • My children sat and listened better than ever
  • The boy getting a tissue and wiping away my tears
  • The girl REALLY listening
  • The family testimony meeting at my sister's house this evening
  • Snuggling with the husband on the couch
  • The boy behaving himself so the rest of us could listen
  • Hearing a prophet's voice
  • Making bread and tortillas for my family while listening to the talks yesterday
  • Having the spirit in my home instead of the contention we usually experience trying to get people to sit and listen
 The girl spent the majority of the time sitting like this, paying attention, and listening for the words on the cards so that she could put a sticker on the card with that word on it. The boy came and went, but did it sometimes. The husband suggested that maybe next time we do words for the girl and pictures (that represent the words) for the boy. Good idea. And after Conference was all over, they both got a prize. They LOVED it. And so did I! It was the best conference so far....since the kids came along. I hope it just gets better from here.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment