Monday, May 23, 2011

Blessed

Yesterday afternoon the children were watching a church video. It was talking about miracles. The boy asked, "Mom & Dad, did you ever have a miracle?" To which we replied (at the same time, I might add), "Yes! You and "the girl" were both big miracles for us." He was so surprised by that answer and wanted to know how, or why, they were miracles. We told them why. It was a sweet moment. And I realized that I had not thought of my children with such tenderness for a while. I AM blessed to have them. I am grateful that the Lord sent them to our home. Sometimes I get so caught up in the trial of not having as many children as I want that I forget to just marvel in the sunshine of the 2 I do have. What a blessing!

I have this little princess that is so loving and kind. She wants to please and make people happy. She is growing so big and tries so hard to show us how big she is by wanting to help with everything. She is (usually) very willing to do whatever you ask her to do. And she doesn't argue or complain. She will help with whatever task she is asked too, which results in her cleaning up all by herself sometimes because she's just so willing to do whatever she's asked. And doesn't want ANYONE to get in trouble.

I have this little man that is so fun and full of life. He has more energy than any of us know what to do with. He is very compassionate and had such a big heart. He's very observant and will notice before anyone else if someone is sad. He wants to be as big as the rest of us and feels left out sometimes because he can't do the same things we can. He tries so hard to be a good boy, but that darn energy gets the better of him sometimes. He loves to laugh and make others laugh as well.

Two AMAZING blessings. And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

No comments:

Post a Comment