Monday, May 16, 2011

Much needed...but maybe not the best idea?


Yesterday the boy was sick. Don't know why exactly, but he and I stayed home from church. The girl had a big day on Friday and Saturday. My point? 2 tired kids.

We had a pretty pleasant morning. And then after lunch was eaten I announced that it was time for us all to rest. The boy {GASP} was the first to  say, "OK mom." and slip off to his bed. While the girl grumbled a little as she druuuug herself off the her bed. It is usually a total reversal. But that is how I KNEW they needed some quiet R&R. This was around 12:30pm. 

I did a few things that I needed to, checked on each of them in their rooms, and then (about an hour or so after them) went to lay on the family room couch for a little snooze myself. I was awakened by my phone ringing the husband's ring. It was almost 3:30! 

My little sweeties slept for 3 hours today!.......and then proceeded to be crazy for the rest of the afternoon/evening. So my initial excitement that they took such great naps was short-lived. But at least their little bodies got to catch up on some of that much needed rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment